Thursday, January 18, 2007

Quitting Time at the Owl Factory

Today I finished up the first part of my grand owl experiment. I have 9 hand-painted owl plaques ready to put up on Etsy.com.. have you heard about Etsy? Apparently it's all the rage for buying and selling handmade items online. Of course, my heart will always belong to Buyolympia.com when it comes to tshirts/bags/zines etc., but I thought I'd try selling small, affordable, original art in a more 'artish' setting. Check back later today here, and hopefully I'll have them all listed. If all goes well, I'll be adding some yellow and grey owl buddies to the mix later on..




In other exciting art news, my rad pal Amra (check out her 'Must See Art' reviews in the LA Weekly) pointed me in the direction of this superb new website, artforemptywalls.com. it's an online gallery that features a different artist each month, where they can disply up to 6 pieces of work, all of which are priced at or below $350. it's a really great way for people to purchase affordable, unique work in a setting that doesn't have all the intimidating/elitist/unavailabe factors of traditional city galleries. It looks like I'll be doing a show there this april or may, so stay tuned!