Monday, April 14, 2008

Bogus Business

Well, I guess I should just come to terms with this: Rosebud is headed back to the doggy hospital.


For a torn ACL. That's the ligament that is over a dog's 'knee'. After the surgery she'll have to be kept quiet for a few months so she doesn't blow out the other one while the first is healing (see: Jackson, Maggie's dog).

During the whole bacterial infection drama I felt like the universe was showing me something, like I was learning about myself and her and what we were capable of. And then during the gastrointestinal hemorrhaging I felt a little baffled, but went with it. Throughout last year's puncture wounds and sliced pads and partial tear to the ACL, I started to laugh at the absurdity. What else can you do? Now I'm starting to feel defeated. But I think that might be because I'm swamped with work to finish for the art show and have a cold.