Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another World

Oh my blog.. the northwest is treating me right. Mossy trees, the puget sound, vistas of the olympic mountains in the distance. Seals, great blue herons, bald eagles and woodpeckers! It feels good to be home, but also confusing. I feel disoriented. Where is the smog and garbage? Ice cream trucks? Iron fences around every house? I'm rolling with the changes and trying not to panic.
I have so many new pictures to share, but unfortunately the internet situation at my new place is a little, uh, out-of-date. We live so far out in the boonies that cable doesn't exist, so we're getting a dial-up activated later in the week (I'm at a Kinko's in the vast metropolis of Olympia's westside).
That's all for now. Hopefully I'll be back later this week! I need to do some serious unpacking, nature trekking, and beachcombing. I already bought my new rubber boots. It's going to be a good year.