Saturday, March 3, 2007

Spotlight On: Soft Focus

I'm in the middle of packing/moving insanity.. the blogging may get thin this week, but trust me: the Snazzy Boquet Pacific Northwest Edition will be in full effect after we settle in.


Let me just quickly share some more Ian Svenonious magic with you.. my friend showed me this last night, and oh man does it rule! It's Ian's new online interview show, 'Soft Focus', which he filmed at the Guggenheim in front of a live studio audience. He wears clogs and interviews Rollins (who by the way, and this embarrasses me to say, I found to be a little sexy in that American Hardcore film.. back in the day, short-shorts, sweaty. Lame, I know.) and Ian Mackaye and other musicians. Good stuff. If you haven't read Ian's book, The Psychic Soviet, be sure to check that out too! He'll be doing a reading in L.A. on Sunday, the day I'm leaving (boo), and playing records later in the night at the Echo.