Thursday, March 1, 2007

Storewide Clearance

It feels good to purge sometimes. I have this vision of re-inventing myself as a classy minimalist, de-cluttering my life of stuff like this:


When I was a kid, I saved everything.. in a superstitious way. Gum wrappers, sugar packets, empty perfume bottles from my sister. Somewhere along the line I toned it down a bit, but I still seem to accumulate piles of stuff wherever I go. When you look at this picture, maybe you see a bunch of junk. When I look at this picture, I see: matches from the Tyee (an institution of Tumwater that they knocked down to build a supermarket), a penguin from Yard Birds (institution of Olympia that burned to the ground), the porcupine quills that Otis ran into on the Farm, the homemade crawfish pin that Justin brought me from Louisiana when we were first dating. A lapel pin from Valley Martial Arts of numchucks.


Then there are the things that I truly don't need anymore.. enter The Great Sun Valley Grunge Sale and Send-Off! Need some smutty books? snowglobes? a plastic cow? Or how about some music:


Justin is clearing out some great records, and everything is priced to move. We won't be undersold! Friday night, 7 pm. Email me for directions. Prizes for best Grunge outfit: vintage Tad tshirts, flannels, and alternative haircuts encouraged. See you in the pit!