Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Sneek Peek

Last night I went to see bands play at the Manium in Olympia, aka Satan's Warehouse, aka Lair of the Goth Dentist. There's this guy in Oly who buys houses and apartment buildings and paints them all black. He is the Goth Dentist. I'm into Manium though.. it seems very clean and has what is known in the industry as 'PRO LIGHTING". I saw a band called Finally Punk, who were 4 youngsters with lots of energy, and they were pretty charming. I missed New Bloods, which I was bummed about, as I've been hearing lots of good things about them. Old Haunts with Tobi V. on drums played last, and they were solid. Craig, the guitar player, has this insane way of playing electric rock guitar with extra fingerpicking flourish on every pass, it's kind of mesmerizing. And in other music news, my new tote bags for Kill Rock Stars are now available!


What else have I been up to? Painting! Getting ready for a show in a few weeks in Tacoma:


Birds are the word!