Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Accessories Trendwatch

I can't help but notice the proliferation of soft fedora-type/tyrolean hats that are adorning the crowns of stylish dudes/ladies on blogs, in magazines, and beyond.. I'm starting to worry that this newish (westcoast?) penchant for headgear might become as overworn as last years' neckerchief/bandana. I do live in the woods; also I tend to dress from the school of pick-the-clean-jeans-from-the-top-of-the-pants-pile-and-the-clean-tshirt-from-the-top-of-the-shirt-pile, so I wouldn't take my advice as the most informed...but to stay ahead of the trends, may I suggest:


The Deerstalker, warm and sleuthy! Or how about:


..Top hats! Especially the kind that pop open with a theatrical flourish.

And for the especially daring and rad: The Joe Preston Beard-On-A-Stick! I can't find a picture of this genius promotional item, but here's the prototype: