Sunday, May 6, 2007

Chocolate Chip Weekend

It's been a long week, friends. I spent a good portion of it buried deep in cardboard and packing tape, sending off pre-orders for the Elliott Smith record, 'New Moon' over at Kill Rock Stars headquarters. Tobi, warehouse boss, went on tour with the Old Haunts and Justin was up to his eyeballs in orders, so I picked up some temp work. I kind-of enjoy mailorder; there's something comforting about someone else far away (in Estonia or Sylmar, for example, both of which I sent packages to) getting so excited waiting for their box, or ordering both the cd and the vinyl just so they can get the bonus poster. That said, I'm glad to be getting back to painting.. I'm about finished with two new small paintings, both of which will be sent off to the www.artforemptywalls.com show I'm doing in June.

And while I was poking around the KRS offices, I found some vintage Bangs shirts.. score!


So, after a week of papercuts and filling out those little green foreign package slips, I needed a trip into the woods. Luckily, they're right across the street from our house:


Mossy branches everywhere. And there was a little snail friend, too:


Check out the pattern on this bark!


Today was all about two things: 1. Picking flowers in the yard for the dining room table. I love the poppies..


...and 2. Homemade oatmeal-chocolate-chippers and a side of coffee. Weekend comforts.