Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Black Arts

A few years ago I had a vivid and hilarious dream: I was swimming at the local college pool with Henry Rollins. Just treading water, shooting the shit. I asked him what he'd been up to lately, and I got a very specific answer.


'I'm working on a kids' show for the Disney Channel. Its called Tea Time with Henry'. What do you do on the show? 'Just have a kid on, drink tea, talk about stuff'. Sounded very Dick Cavett to me, and the set I imagined was simple: Henry Rollins, muscle-y and pumped, perched on a tiny child-size chair, legs crossed, sipping chamomile with a youngster, talking quite seriously about life and its infinite joys/disappointments.


I keep meaning to letterpress this vision, and it looks like this is the week to do it. Wayzgoose is on the horizon! A pink teapot (must subvert hyper-masculinity) linocut w/ Black Flag bars, and lyrics to Rise Above printed on the second pass? I can do that.